Alternatives for Alcoholism
Do you live with alcoholism? Have you tried the traditional treatment path without success? Are AA and the 12 Steps just not right for you? You're not alone.
The truth is that the majority of people who seek traditional rehabilitation treatment and attend Alcoholics Anonymous do not succeed in long-term sobriety. Yes, there is that handful of people who do, but they are the minority.
A lot of people who do manage to stay sober, do so with a great deal of struggle and suffering. They continue to fight cravings to drink constantly and endure many physical and emotional symptoms such as depression, mood swings and anxiety.
A lot of people feel uncomfortable with many aspects of AA and standard rehabilitation centers such as, the rigid ritualistic structure, the powerlessness concept, the punitive tone and the dogmatic religious aspect. It's just not a good fit for many.
However, since they are presented with no other options, they are either forced to go through with something that doesn't resonate for them and therefore will not be successful, or walk away and continue to drink.
Alcoholics Anonymous and rehabilitation centers like to blame the individual and say that they just haven't "hit their bottom" or they "didn't work the program." When the truth is that the real problem is that 12 step treatment programs are just not very effective. A lot of people don't "hit bottom" even though everyone around them is wondering how they can go any lower and many people have worked the program to no avail.
| You Are Not Powerless Over Alcohol
The reason the success rate for sobriety is so low and alcohol addiction continues to be a very serious and rapidly growing problem in our society is because there is a flaw in the traditional treatment approach. They are missing a very big and important piece of the puzzle.
Scientific research tells us that alcoholism is not a spiritual disease, lack of will power, a personality disorder or a mental illness. Yes, it does impact an individual on the spiritual and psychological levels in a profound way, and alter the personality, but the root of alcoholism is in biochemistry.
The "so called" disease of the spirit is not the result of defect in character, but rather it is a depletion or imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain caused by alcohol itself, allergy, nutritional deficiencies, poor diet, environmental toxins, and other biochemical imbalances that can be corrected. You are not powerless over addiction and do not have to attend AA meetings the rest of your life.
You can achieve successful life-long sobriety, eliminate cravings completely and avoid relapse by restoring balance to the neurotransmitters in your brain through a holistic approach that addresses the biochemical, the psychological and the spiritual with a combination of diet, nutrition and changes in lifestyle.
| No More Cravings - No More Relapse
I'm Cynthia Perkins, M.Ed., and I have 24 years of uninterrupted sobriety. I'm also a trained mental health professional. I have not attended an AA meeting since 1990.
I do not ever experience cravings to drink or drug. I am no longer crippled by the anxiety, depression and mood swings that usually accompany recovery.
On this site, I will share with you how I have achieved success and why traditional rehabilitation centers and AA are so ineffective. I'll present you with a proven and successful approach for what you need to get sober and stay sober without AA, the 12 steps or succumbing to the powerlessness concept.
- Clean and Sober for Life Jump-Start Program
- The Clean and Sober for Life Jump-Start Program is a 12 Step alternative that helps you achieve success by addressing the true root of addiction - impaired brain chemistry.
- Sobriety Coaching
- Sobriety coaching is a cutting-edge, empowering, goal oriented approach to help you achieve life-long and craving-free abstinence..
- Get Sober Stay Sober: The Truth About Alcoholism
- Get Sober Stay Sober: The Truth About Alcoholism helps you achieve craving-free long term sobriety by getting to the root of alcholism.
- Alternative Alcoholism Treatment
- Discover an alternative alcoholism treatment that is much more successful in long term sobriety.
- A Holistic Approach to Alcoholism
- A holistic approach to alcoholism is the prescription needed for life-long and craving-free sobriety..
- Natural Cures for Alcoholism
- Natural cures for alcoholism such as the Biochemical approach get to the root of alcoholism and help you stay sober without cravings.
- Alcoholism Test
- Take a more comprehensive and accurate alcoholism test that will not only screen for alcoholism but also provides you with an effective protocol for recovery.
- Alcoholism Facts - The facts about Alcoholism you need to know.
- Get the alcoholism facts you need. Learn the startling facts about alcoholism and it's impact on the individual and society.
- Physical Symptoms of Alcoholism Explained
- The physical symptoms of alcoholism are the easiest to recognize, however they usually occur after alcoholism has already progressed significantly.
- Understanding Alcohol Addiction
- When you understand the roots of alcohol addiction you can achieve craving- free and long term sobriety.
- Nutrition and Alcoholism
- The interralationship of nutrition and alcoholism is vital for achieving and maintaining long-term sobriety and eliminating cravings to drink.
- Alcoholism and Hypoglycemia - What You Need to Know
- Alcoholism and hypoglycemia go hand in hand and this is often an underlying cause of cravings for alcohol, which ultimately, leads to relapse.
- Effects of Child Abuse and Neglect - Its Role in Alcoholism and Addiction
- The effects of child abuse and neglect are long-lasting, profound and often lead to drug addiction or alcoholism.
- Alcoholism and Depression
- Alcoholism and depression usually go hand in hand and both can be overcome by restoring balance to neurotransmitters.
- How to Stop Drinking Alcohol on Your Own
- Learn how to stop drinking alcohol on your own by restoring balance to the nerutransmitters in your brain.
- Alcoholism in Marriage
- The impact of alcoholism in marriage and its consequences to both partners, the family unit and the relationship.
- Problems with Alcoholics Anonymous
- Explore the flaws and problems with alcoholics anonymous that prevent it from being successful and what do instead.
- Sugar and Alcoholism
- It is crucial to address the sugar and alcoholism connection in order to achieve craving-free and lasting sobriety.
- Marijuana Addiction and Its Effects
- Discover the true roots of marijuana addiction, the short and long-term effects of marijuana use, and how to achieve life-long recovery.
- Addiction and Spirituality
- Addiction and spirituality have a complex, multi-faceted and reciprocal relationship in the process of recovery, however it is universally misunderstood.
- Alternatives for Alcoholism Blog
- Subscribe to the Alternatives for Alcoholism Blog and keep up to date on the exciting Biochemical approach that leads to long term sobriety without cravings.
- Alcoholism Treatment Centers
- Although there are an abundance of alcoholism treatment centers, you will be more successful with a biochemical approach.
- About Cynthia Perkins
- Learn more about sobriety coach Cynthia Perkins M.Ed.
- Contact Cynthia Perkins
- Contact Cynthia Perkins to learn more about alcoholism and biochemical repairs.